Monday, November 10, 2014

Precious Beyond Compare...

Keith Green feat. Oh Lord, You're Beautiful
 Umobile Worship – Holy Spirit (Live)
Shane & Shane – Holy and Anointed One

It is nearly midnight and, while my body is tired, my heart will not let me sleep. I have my three daughters on my mind. I know that what I need to do right now, more than to sleep, is to come before my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and to pray for these precious daughters of mine. He loaned them to me, they are His, and yet I am the one that He chose to raise them, to teach them and to love them into His kingdom.

I found a small book at the library that really has an anointing on it. Called Praying the Scriptures For Your Children, by Jodi Berndt, it has had a powerful effect on my prayer time for my girls. The premise of Jodi's book is to pray Scripture over your children, to use His Words in the words you pray for your children. Tonight, I have come to Him to pray His Word over my girls, over all their curious, funny, tender, wild, sad, uncertain, excited, hopeful little Selves, with my whole heart placed on an altar of worship to Him, and in prayer for their lives.

So now, let me just do that. Let me just pray for my girls and, if you are reading this and you have children, you could pray for yours too. If you don't have children, you know someone who does, and you could pray for them. Ready? Let's come before our beautiful Lord Jesus, and let's spend some time with Him now.....

Dearest Lord Jesus, I love You, first of all, and praise Your holy Name. You alone are God,and You alone are worthy of all praise. Lord, I worship You with my whole heart, with my mind, with my spirit, with my soul, with everything that is within me. Forgive me of my sins, forgive me of unforgiveness harbored in my heart. Forgive me for doubt. Forgive me for impatience. Forgive me for lack of trust. Forgive me for double-mindedness. Make me holy before You, Lord, and set me apart for Your glory.

And I come to You now for these incredible young girls that You have given to me. How I love them, my Lord. They are precious beyond compare. They make my life so full and complete. And now, I use Your Word to pray over my darlings:

I pray for Zoe, Chloe and Caroline, that they will continue to live in Christ, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in their faith and overflowing with gratitude....(Colossians 2:6-7)
I pray that Zoe, Chloe and Caroline will put their full trust in You, Lord, and that they will never be shaken...(Psalm 125:1)
Enable Zoe, Chloe and Caroline to be courageous, Lord. Don't let them get frightened or discouraged, but let them know that You will be with them wherever they go....(Joshua 1:9)
Be the Lord and God of Zoe, Chloe and Caroline. Teach them what is best for them, and direct them in the ways in which they should go....(Isaiah 48:17)
Cause Zoe, Chloe and Caroline to delight in You, Lord, and give them the lovely desires of their beautiful hearts. Let them commit their ways to You, trusting in You as You make their righteousness shine like the dawn....(Psalm 37:4,5)

Father God, all those years ago, when I was infertile and the surgeries didn't work, and the medicines didn't work, and the doctors gave up on me, and they said it was impossible, just not going to happen, for me to have babies. YOU made the impossible...possible...and You gave me three lovely, healthy, strong, and perfect daughters! One after the other, three children in six years, You gave me these girls and You entrusted them to my care.

I haven't been and am not, still, a perfect mother, but my love for them is as whole and full and complete as I can give to another human being. Thank You for loving me enough to bless me with these girls, these daughters who are my whole heart. I love them more than I love my own life, and I pray that You will be very near to them. Show Zoe and Chloe Your perfect way for them, and bless them while they are living so far away from me and Caroline. And be with Caroline as she is here with me, going to school and doing what she needs to be doing with her little sweet life.

I love You so much, and I love my girls and I thank You for giving them to me.
Alleluia! In Your Name I pray,
Amen and Amen....





No comments:

Post a Comment