Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Bared Soul, Open Heart...

Someone lashed out at me tonight, via a friend, in their own grief and pain. This person is emotionally fragile, and I know that, so I do not harbor any ill will. I just feel so sad for this person, because the hatred and anger expressed when I mentioned that God had healed a mutual friend, was so fierce and negative. God help me to know how to love this person still, and how to pray for this person without bitterness or anger in my own heart.

Lord, I come to You now, with my soul bared before You. If there is any wrong or sin in me, or if I was wrong to declare Your healing of this person, I ask You to forgive me.What a beautiful opportunity for me to see that I do still have my own tendencies to rare back, to be defensive, to want to assert my rightness. I still have the yearning to "be right", and I ask You to take that away from me now, and put in its place a desire to love, to share love, to be a promoter of peace instead of continuing in cycles of hatred and anger.

I love this person, and I love You.
That's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment